Thursday, Dec. 15
• Friends of the Library meeting, 1 p.m. • City Council meeting. (See Agenda Page 8A.) • Sugar Plum Social. (See story this page.)
Friday, Dec. 16
• Ugly Christmas Sweater contest. (See story Page 3B.) • VFW Christmas Care Share gift card distribution. (See story 1A.)
Saturday, Dec. 17
• VFW Christmas Care Share gift card distribution. (See story 1A.) • Wreaths Across America ceremony. (See story this page.) • Pioneer Square Dance. (See story Page 4B.)
Monday, Dec. 19
• Christmas Bird Count. (See story Page 2C.)
Tuesday, Dec. 20
• Trivia Tuesday at Ellis Library.
• Port Aransas Community Park Swimming Pool, 700 Clark Pkwy. Open swim: Tuesday, Thursday, 1- 4 p.m., Wednesday, Friday, 1-5 p.m., Saturday, 11 a.m.-5 p.m., Sunday, 11 a.m.- 4 p.m.; Lap and exercise swim: Monday, 9 a. m.- noon, Tuesday, Thursday, 7 a.m.-noon, 1-4 p.m., Wednesday, Friday, 7 a.m.-noon, 1-5 p.m., Saturday 7 a.m.-5 p.m., Sunday 11 a.m.-4 p.m.; Splash Pad open during pool hours, free with pool entrance. • Port Aransas Art Center, 104 N. Alister St., 749-7334. Classes, workshops. Hours: 11 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday- Saturday, closed Sunday. • Port Aransas Museum, Alister at Brundrett Streets, 749-3800. 1-5 p.m. Thursday – Saturday. • Farley Boat Works, 716 W. Ave. C, near Cut-off Rd. (361) 416-1614. Open Tuesday- Thursday, 8 a.m.-noon., 1-3 p.m.; Friday-Saturday, 9 a.m.- noon, 1-4 p.m. Closed Sunday and Monday. • Bill Ellis Memorial Library, 700 W. Ave. A, 749-4116. Open Tuesday-Friday , 9 a.m.-6 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Closed Sunday, Monday. • Shuttle, 10 a.m.-5:55 p.m. Wait at bus stops along the route from Roberts Point Park to Beach Access Rd 1A and State Hwy. 361 South. Maps, schedules available at the Tourism Bureau and City Hall. • Flexi-B, bus service between Port Aransas and Corpus Christi by appointment. Call City Hall, 749-4111 to make reservations. Picks up passengers at 7:30 a.m. and 10 a.m. Mon.– Fri. and at 10 a.m. Sat. Leaves Corpus Christi at 3:30 p.m. Mon.– Sat. $1.25 each way. Del Mar and TAMUCC students ride free.
• Amos Rehabilitation Keep Public Tours. 10 a.m. Wednesday, Friday. Tour the ARK to see and learn about the ARK ambassadors. $7 per person, kids under 3 are free. Reservations required. Register online at www.utmsi.utexas.edu/visit/registration • Patton Center-Marine Science Education, Tuesday- Saturday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Located at 855 E. Cotter Ave. Learn about marine life and research through interactive displays and eight large aquaria. Free entrance. • Port Aransas Museum tours of the Chapel on the Dunes, first and third Saturday of each month at 9:15 a.m. Call or visit the museum one day in advance for reservations, 749-3800. • Adult tennis, 7:30 a.m. on Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Evening matches are at 7 p.m. Mon. and Wed., PAISD courts on Station Street. Free, no partner needed. Call (713) 502-1072. • Deep water aerobics, Tuesday-Friday, 10:30 a.m. Aerobic exercising with belts to keep afloat in deep end of pool. Port Aransas Community Park pool. $2 per class. • Pickleball, A racket sport for two to four players, combining racquetball, tennis and badminton. Played on outdoor courts in Community Park, dawn to dusk daily. Register at playtimescheduler.com. Equipment is in storage bin on court. Combination is ‘BALL.’ Free. • Water exercise/aerobics, Tuesday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. Exercise in the shallow end of the pool. Port Aransas Community Park pool. $2 per class.
• Alcoholics Anonymous open meeting, 7 p. m . Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday; Trinity-by-the-Sea Episcopal Church, 433 Trojan Ave. 749- 6449. • Grief Life Group, 5:30 p.m. fourth Wednesday of month, Outreach Building at Trinity-by-the-Sea Episcopal Church, 433 Trojan Ave. 749-6449. • Rotary Club, third Thursday at noon, Conference room at Alister Square Inn, 122 S. Alister St. • VFW meetings, 10:30 a.m., third Wednesday of month, at the VFW post, 311 N. Alister St. • VFW Auxiliary, 11 a.m., third Tuesday of month, at the VFW post, 311 N. Alister St. • Yarn Works, Mondays, 1-3 p.m. Anyone interested in crocheting or knitting for charity is welcome to meet at Trinity-by-the-Sea Episcopal Church, 433 Trojan St. Call Diana Vondra at (515) 505- 0166 for information. • Youth Development Foundation (YDF), second Thursday of the month at noon in the Parish Hall at Trinity-by-the-Sea Episcopal church, 433 Trojan Ave. Brown bag lunch meeting. All invited.
• Helping Hands Food Pantry, food for those in need on Tuesdays and Saturdays, from 10 a.m. to noon. Located in the parking lot between the Community Presbyterian Church and Jerry McDonald Field, 113 S. Alister St.
• Birding on the Boardwalk, join guides at the Leonabelle Turnbull Birding Center each Wednesday at 9 a.m. for a walk along the boardwalk to view the various birds that can be observed. Bring binoculars or borrow a pair at the birding center. The birding center is located at the end of Ross Avenue, south of the Port Aransas Community Park. Free. • Guided Nature Walk, a two- hour guided tour 8 a.m., the fourth Saturday of each month. Meet in the parking lot at the Port Aransas Community Park, 700 Clark Pkwy. Free. • Wetland Education Center (WEC) tours, UTMSI, 9 a.m. Tuesday, Thursday. Participants should meet at the UTMSI Visitor Center, 855 East Cotter Ave. Free.
On the Horizon
• Polar Express movie
• Noon Year’s Eve
• New Year’s Fireworks Show
• Polar Plunge
• Elvis Tribute Band at PACT
• Winter Sounds
• Restaurant Week
• Garden Club Home Tour
Leave a Reply