• Port Aransas Community Park Swimming Pool, 700 Clark
Parkway: Open swim: Tue.- Sun. 1-5 p.m.; Lap swim and exercise:
Tue.-Fri. 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Sat. and Sun. 12-5 p.m. Closed Monday.
Call 361-749-2416 for more information. Pool is heated.
• Computer Center, Free internet. Monday – Friday, 10 a.m.-4
p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; closed Sunday. Hours subject to
volunteer availability. 430 N. Alister St. 749-4011.
• Port Aransas Art Center: Classes, workshops. 749-7334. Hours:
11 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Saturday, closed Sunday.
• The University of Texas at Austin Marine Science Institute (UTMSI) Marine Science Education Center: Open Monday-Friday,
8 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Sunday 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
Home of Estuary Explorium, learn about local estuaries. Free.
• Port Aransas Museum, Alister at Brundrett Street. 1-5 p.m.
Thursday - Saturday.
• Farley Boat Works, 716 W. Ave. C, near Cut-off Rd. Open
Tuesday-Saturday, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Second Saturday parties the
second Saturday of every month.
• Shuttle: 10 a.m.-5:55 p.m. Wave down anywhere along the
route from Roberts Point Park to Beach Access Rd 1A and State
Hwy. 361 South. Maps, schedules available at the Tourist Bureau.
• Flexi-B bus service between Port Aransas and Corpus Christi by
appointment. Call City Hall, 749-4111 to make reservations. Picks
up passengers at 7:30 a.m. and 10 a.m. Mon.– Fri. and at 10 a.m.
Sat. Leaves Corpus Christi at 3:30 p.m. Mon.– Sat. $1.25 each
way. Del Mar and TAMU-CC students ride free.
• Alcoholics Anonymous open meeting, 7 p.m. Daily, Sharp
Pavilion behind Trinity-by-the-Sea Episcopal Church, 433 Trojan.
• Alcoholics Anonymous, noon, Monday through Friday. Community Presbyterian Church, 113 S. Alister St. Non-smoking.
• Port Aransas Museum tours of the Chapel on the Dunes, first and
third Saturday of each month at 9:15 a.m. Call or visit the museum
one day in advance for reservations, 749-3800.
• Family Movie Night, at 5 p.m. the first Tuesday of each month
at the Ellis Memorial Library, 710 W. Ave. A, 749-4116.
• RPG Game Night, Every Friday and Saturday. Open to 16 to
college age. Play Pathfinder, Star Wars RPG and Mutants and
Masterminds beginning at 4:30 p.m. in the Girl Scout Hut, 739
W. Ave. A. Free.
• Story Time, Stories read by request during library hours by staff
members Carol Hammond and Geene Pavelec, Bill Ellis Memorial
• VFW Open Pool, 12-10 p.m., Sundays, VFW, 311 N. Alister St.
• VFW Shuffleboard Tournaments, 1 p.m. Wednesdays and
• Adult tennis, Morning at 7:30 a.m. on Monday, Wednesday,
Friday. Evening matches are at 7 p.m. Mon. and Wed., PAISD
courts on Station Street. Free, no partner needed. Call Murray
749-4861 or 749-5131.
• Deep water aerobics, Tues.-Fri. 11 a.m. Aerobic exercising with
belts to keep afloat in deep end of pool. Port Aransas Community
Park pool. $2 per class.
• Fitness Classes: Interval Training: High Intensity, Mon., Wed.,
Fri., 6:30 a.m.; Low Impact: Monday and Wednesday at 5:15 p.m.;
$3 drop in session, $30 for 15 sessions. Classes at Port Aransas
High School second floor foyer, 100 S. Station St. Call Karen
Decker, (361) 800-1759 for information.
• Mommy and Me Workout Class, Tuesdays at 5:30 p.m. Workout
with your infant through pre-schooler at Port Aransas High School
second floor foyer,100 S. Station St. Call Karen Decker, (361)
800-1759 for information. $3 per class.
• Parents and Tots, swim Tuesday-Friday, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.;
Saturday, Sunday, 12-1 p.m.
• Pickleball, Tuesday, Thursdays, Saturdays at 1 p.m. A racket
sport for two to four players at the Port Aransas Community Park
inline skate rink. Free.
• Spring Forest Qigong, 9 a.m. Saturdays at the pavilion in
Charlie’s Pasture, the foot of Port Street. Moving meditation. $5
• Total Body Aquacize, Tuesday-Friday, 9:30 a.m.,Saturday noon,
total body workout to upbeat music, Port Aransas Community Park
pool. $2 per class.
• Water exercise, Tuesday-Friday, noon. Port Aransas Community
Park pool. $2 per class.
• Rotary Club, noon Thursday, Conference room at Alister Square
Inn, 122 S. Alister St.
• Sober Sisters, 7 p.m., Tuesdays, parish hall, Trinity-by-the-Sea
Episcopal Church, 433 Trojan. 749-6449.
• VFW meetings, 10:30 a.m., third Wednesday of month, VFW.
• VFW Auxiliary, 11 a.m., third Tuesday of month, VFW.
• Youth Development Foundation of Port Aransas, noon
Wednesday, Stingrays, 401 Beach St.
• Birding on the Boardwalk, guided bird walk with Nan Dietert,
9 a.m., every Wednesday. 749-4158.
• Nature Walks at Mustang Island State Park, Wednesdays at
9 a.m. Guided beachcombing and bird walk with park naturalist.
Walks begin at headquarters, $5 park entrance fee.
• Free Wetland Education Center tours, UTMSI, 10 a.m. Tuesday, Thursday.
• Winter Walking Tour, Fridays, 3 p.m. Stroll along the trails
at the Nature Preserve at Charlie’s Pasture with docent, Judy
• VFW Pub Crawl, Friday,11 a.m. (SeeMarchstory this 17page.)
• UTMSI WetlandsSaturday, March 18Walk, 10 a.m. (See story Page 4B.)
• VFW ‘Stews and Brews,’On 3 p.m. (See story this page.)the• March Horizon
31 IFA Redfish Tournament
• April 7 First Friday reception
• April 15 Farley Second Saturday
• April 22 Spring Adopt-a-Beach
• April 21-23 Texas SandFest
• April 28 Trinity-by-th-Sea Day School Golf Tournament
• May 12 Anglers on Wheels
• May 13-14 ArtFest
The Island agenda is free of charge to non-profit organizations of Port Aransas for announcements of meetings and special events. To list an event or meeting, call 749-5131 or e-mail email@example.com BEFORE NOON FRIDAY.