New South Jetty is out
Port Aransas has endured three structure fires within the span of just about one month. So we asked the town’s fire chief if he thinks they might be related. You can see his answer by picking up the Feb. 16 edition of the South Jetty newspaper, which is hitting new stands as you read this.
Also in this edition, you’ll see:
• What a family is saying they’ll do next after being displaced from their home by one of those fires;
• Who has been arrested in connection with a spree of car burglaries in the Channel Vista neighborhood of Port Aransas;
• A map that will show you the way to all of the locations where you can find deals in the Citywide Garage Sale this Saturday;
• Photos from all kinds of angles of the latest offshore drilling rig to visit Port Aransas waters;
• Whether any contested races have developed for open seats on the Port Aransas City Council or the school board;
• What coaches are predicting for Port Aransas High School’s baseball and softball teams in the upcoming seasons;
• Where you can go to play on a new disc golf course in town;
• Two opposing points of view on the controversy surrounding the barge moorings in Lydia Ann Channel;
• How the Port Aransas High School Marlins basketball team secured a district championship;
• What’s next for the Lady Marlins basketball team as it proceeds through the playoffs;
• How you can take part in a VFW auction that will be a fundraiser this weekend;
• How you can gobble down some shrimp this weekend and benefit a good cause at the same time;
• And which administrator recently announced retirement from the Port Aransas school system.
These and other stories are in the Feb. 16 edition of the South Jetty, the most complete and accurate source of information for all things Port Aransas.