• Port Aransas Community Park Swimming Pool, 700 Clark Parkway: Swim lessons, water exercise and lap swimming. Open daily except Monday. Open swim: Tuesday-Sunday, 1-6 p.m. Lap swim: Tuesday-Friday, 8 a.m.-7 p.m., and Saturday- Sunday, 1-6 p.m. Call 749-2416 for more information. • Computer Center, Monday – Friday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; closed Sunday. Hours subject to volunteer availability. 430 N. Alister St. Free e-mail. 749-4011. • Art Center for the Islands: Classes, workshops. 749-7334. • The University of Texas at Austin Marine Science Institute (UTMSI) Visitors Center: Open Monday - Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Free. • Port Aransas Museum, Alister at Brundrett Street. 1-5 p.m. Thursday - Saturday. • Trolley: 10 a.m.-5:55 p.m. Wave down anywhere along the route from Roberts Point Park to Beach Access Rd 1A and State Hwy. 361 South. Maps, schedules available at the Tourist Bureau. • Flexi-B bus service between Port Aransas and Corpus Christi by appointment. Call City Hall, 749-4111 to make reservations. Picks up passengers at 7:30 a.m. and 10 a.m. Mon. – Fri. and at 10 a.m. Sat. Leaves Corpus Christi at 3:30 p.m. Mon. – Sat. $1.25 each way. Del Mar and TAMU-CC students ride free. • Alcoholics Anonymous open meeting, 8 p.m. Monday through Sunday, Sharp Pavilion behind Trinity-by-the-Sea Episcopal Church, 433 Trojan. 749-6449. • Alcoholics Anonymous, noon, Monday through Friday. St. Joseph Catholic Church parish hall, 100 Station St. Nonsmoking.
• Free Wetland Education Center tours, UTMSI, 10 a.m. Tues. and Thurs. • Port Aransas Running Club and Walkers, Too, 7 a.m., Tues., Wed., Thurs., community park swimming pool parking lot. Contact Steve Canion, 749-3388. • Rotary Club, noon Thurs., Pelican’s Landing Restaurant, 337 N. Alister St. • Adult water exercise classes, 60 minutes, 8:30 a.m., 9:30 a.m. and noon, Tues.-Fri., community park swimming pool, 700 Clark Parkway. • Adult tennis, 7:30 a.m. Mon., Wed., Fri., and 7 p.m. Mon. and Wed., PAISD courts on Station Street. Free, no partner needed. Call Murray 749-4861 or 749-5131. • Port Aransas Museum tours of the Little Chapel on the Hill, first and third Friday and Saturday of each month at 9:30 a.m. Call or visit the museum for reservations, 749-3800. • Story Time, 10:30–11 a.m. Sat., Bill Ellis Memorial Library, 749-4116. • Port Aransas Volleyball Assoc. Mon., H.G. Olsen Elementary School gym, 100 Station St. • Birding on the Boardwalk, guided bird walk with Nan Dietert, 9 a.m., Wed. 749-4158. • Friends of the Library, alternating Wednesdays at the library, 710 W. Ave. A, 6 p.m. • Kiwanis Club, noon Wed., Seafood and Spaghetti Works, 710 State Hwy. 361. • Project FREE Free, anonymous and confidential testing for HIV, hepatitis-C, syphilis, gonorrhea and chlamydia, 10 a.m., first and third Tuesday of every month,JELM Center office,113 S. Alister St. Walk-ins O.K. • VFW Pool Tournament, 7 p.m., Wed., VFW, 311 N. Alister St. • Free hot lunches, 12:30 p.m., Sun., Grace Community Church, 1801 S. 11th St. • VFW Meetings, 11 a.m., third Monday of month, VFW. • VFW Ladies’ Auxiliary, 11 a.m., second Tuesday of month, VFW. • Low impact aerobics, 8-9 a.m., Mon.-Wed.-Fri. JELM.
THIS WEEK THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 3
• Free movie, 3 p.m. UTMSI Visitor Center. ‘Blue Planet: Frozen Seas,’ 45 min.*Subject to cancellation.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 4
• Little Chapel on the Hill tour, 9:30 a.m. Call or visit the Port Aransas Museum for reservations, 749-3800. • First Friday art reception, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Art Center for the Island. (See story this page.)
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 5
• Little Chapel on the Hill tour, 9:30 a.m. Call or visit the Port Aransas Museum for reservations, 749-3800.
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 6
• VFW troops drive collection, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Family Center IGA. (See story this page.)
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 7
• Free movie, 3 p.m. UTMSI Visitor Center. ‘Blue Planet: Coral Seas,’ 45 min.*
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8
• Port Aranas Garden Club, 10 a.m. Community Center. (See story Page 6B.) • VFW Ladies Auxiliary, 11:00 a.m. VFW Post 8967. • We’re Having Fun workshop, 2 p.m. Girl Scout Hut. (See story Page 8A.) • Free movie, 3 p.m. UTMSI Visitor Center. ‘Blue Planet: Coasts,’ 45 min.* • Animal Friends of Port Aransas, 5:30 p.m. Girl Scout Hut. (See story Page 5A.) • Ellis Memorial Library Book Club, 6:30 p.m. Library. (See story this page.)
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 9
• Free movie, 3 p.m. UTMSI Visitor Center. ‘Blue Planet: The Deep,’ 45 min.*
*Movies are subject to cancellation without notice.
ON THE HORIZON
ON THE HORIZON
|Nov.||19||•||Plant Swap and Recycle Day|
The Island agenda is free of charge to non-profit organizations of Port Aransas for announcements of meetings and special events. To list an event or meeting, call 749-5131 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE NOON MONDAY.