Pre-register for all Parks and Recreation programs at 739 W. Ave. A, call 749-4158 or e-mail email@example.com Parents are welcome at any of the kids’ activities
THURSDAY, JUNE 16
• Get Active: Kick Volleyball, 10:30 a.m. H.G. Olsen Elementary School Gym, all ages. Free. • St. Patrick’s Day Party, 2 p.m. Girl Scout hut, ages 5 and up. Wear green to celebrate the holiday. $2 for the first child, $1 each additional child. FRIDAY, JUNE 17 • Native Reptiles and Other Exotics of Texas, 1 p.m. Naturalist shares his collection and teaches about each species. Community Center, ages 5 and up. $2 for the first child, $1 each additional child.
SATURDAY, JUNE 18
• Remote Control Boats and Cars, 10-11 a.m. Public can bring personal boats to play with in the pool and cars in hockey rink. Free.
SUNDAY, JUNE 19
• Dads Swim Free, 1-6 p.m. Dads swim free when accompanied by child. Community Park Pool. Regular pool fee.
MONDAY, JUNE 20
• Putt-Pull Golf, 10:45 a.m. Bus will take kids 6 and up to Kody’s for golfing. Pre-registration required. $4. • Bingo, 2 p.m. All ages, Girl Scout Hut. Free. • 25 Cent Cinema, 7:05 p.m. Library, family friendly movie and popcorn. 25 cents.
TUESDAY, JUNE 21
• Chillin’ Time: Sand Candles, 2 p.m. Ages 5 and up, Girl Scout Hut. $2 for the first child, $1 each additional child.
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 22
• Bay Education Center Trip, 12: 15 p. m. Ages 6 and up. Bus will take group to Rockport for a wetlands experience. Pre-registration is requirerd. $3.
THURSDAY, JUNE 23
• UTMSI Birding 101 for Kids: Leonabelle Turnbull Birding Center, 9-11 a.m. ages 7-16. Learn how to use binoculars while learning the fundamentals of bird identification. Pre-registration is required, contact Linda Fuiman at (361) 728-4635 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Free. • Get Active: Broomball, 10:30 a.m. H.G. Olsen Elementary School Gym, all ages. Free. • Chinese New Year Party, 2 p.m. Girl Scout hut, ages 5 and up. Make masks and floats and celebrate the Chinese New Year on our schedule. $2 for the first child, $1 each additional child.
JUNE - JULY
• Private swim lessons. Four 30-minute sessions by arrangement with pool manager. One child, $18; Two children, $30. • Summer Reading Program at Ellis Memorial Library, geared toward ages 4-9, but all ages are welcome. Wednesdays, 3- 4 p.m. Self-paced program with activities planned to promote reading, stimulate curiosity and encourage children to use library resources. • Early Estuary Explorer Labs, ages 3-7, Fridays, 10 a.m.-noon. Learn about Coastal Bend wetlands through science, exploration, crafts and more. Topics will include plants, crustaceans, mollusks and storms and will change weekly. Wetlands Education Center at the University of Texas Marine Science Institute. Limited to 24 participants, on a first-come, first-served basis. $4 per participant, including adults, payable by cash or check only.
Come Sail Advanced, ages 10 and up. 9:30-10:30 a.m. Practice open-water sailing skills in the Harbor. Meet at Fred Rhodes Memorial Pavilion in Roberts Point Park. “Come Sail Basic” or comparable course is a prerequisite. Space is limited and pre-registration required. $14 for two days of lessons.
Art Camp at Art Center for the Islands, grades three through five. Monday- Friday, 1-3:30 p.m. Picturing America (different than Spring Break art camp.) Registration with pre-payment is required, call 749- 7334 or stop by to reserve a spot. $15.