• Port Aransas Community Park Swimming Pool, 700 Clark Parkway: swim lessons, water exercise and lap swimming. Open daily except Monday. Open swim: Tuesday through Thursday,1- 2 p.m., Friday through Sunday, 1-6 p.m. Lap swim: noon-1 p.m. Call 749-2416 for more lap swim hours and information. • Computer Center, Monday – Friday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; closed Sunday. Hours subject to volunteer availability. 430 N. Alister St. Free e-mail. 749-4011. • Art Center for the Islands: Classes, workshops. 749-7334. • The University of Texas at Austin Marine Science Institute (UTMSI) Visitors Center: Open Monday - Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Free. • Port Aransas Museum, Alister at Brundrett Street. 1-5 p.m. Thursday - Saturday. • Trolley: 10 a.m.-5:55 p.m. Wave down anywhere along the route from Roberts Point Park to Beach Access Rd 1A and State Hwy. 361 South. Maps, schedules available at the Tourist Bureau. • Flexi-B bus service between Port Aransas and Corpus Christi by appointment. Call City Hall, 749-4111 to make reservations. Picks up passengers at 7:30 a.m. and 10 a.m. Mon. – Fri. and at 10 a.m. Sat. Leaves Corpus Christi at 3:30 p.m. Mon. – Sat. $1.25 each way. Del Mar and TAMU-CC students ride free. • Alcoholics Anonymous open meeting, 8 p.m. Monday through Sunday, Sharp Pavilion behind Trinity-by-the-Sea Episcopal Church, 433 Trojan. 749-6449. • Alcoholics Anonymous, noon, Monday through Friday. St. Joseph Catholic Church parish hall, 100 Station St. Nonsmoking.
• Free Wetland Education Center tours, UTMSI, 10 a.m. Tues. and Thurs. • Port Aransas Running Club and Walkers, Too, 7 a.m., Tues., Wed., Thurs., community park swimming pool parking lot. Contact Steve Canion, 749-3388. • Rotary Club, noon Thurs., Pelican’s Landing Restaurant, 337 N. Alister St. • Adult water exercise classes, 60 minutes, 8:30 a.m., 9:30 a.m. and noon, Tues.-Fri., community park swimming pool, 700 Clark Parkway. • Adult tennis, 7:30 a.m. Mon., Wed., Fri., and 7 p.m. Mon. and Wed., PAISD courts on Station Street. Free, no partner needed. Call Murray 749-4861 or 749-5131. • Port Aransas Museum tours of the Little Chapel on the Hill, first and third Friday and Saturday of each month at 10 a.m. Call or visit the museum for reservations, 749-3800. • Story Time, 10:30–11 a.m. Sat., Bill Ellis Memorial Library, 749-4116. • Port Aransas Volleyball Assoc. Mon., H.G. Olsen Elementary School gym, 100 Station St. • Birding on the Boardwalk, guided bird walk with Nan Dietert, 9 a.m., Wed. 749-4158. • Friends of the Library, alternating Wednesdays at the library, 710 W. Ave. A, 6 p.m. • Kiwanis Club, noon Wed., Jay’s Seafood and Spaghetti Works, 710 State Hwy. 361. • Project FREE Free, anonymous and confidential testing for HIV, hepatitis-C, syphilis, gonorrhea and chlamydia, 10 a.m., first and third Tuesday of every month,JELM Center office,113 S. Alister St. Walk-ins O.K. • Low Impact Aerobics, 8 a.m., Mon., Wed., Fri., JELM Center at Community Presbyterian Church, 113 S. Alister St. • VFW Pool Tournament, 7 p.m., Wed., VFW, 311 N. Alister St.
THURSDAY, APRIL 7
• Free movie, 3 p.m. UTMSI Visitor Center. ‘How the Earth Was Made: San Andreas Fault,’ 47 min. Subject to cancellation without notice.
FRIDAY, APRIL 8
• Sunset Sounds, 7 p.m. Patsy Jones Amphitheater in Roberts Point Park. (See story this page.)
SATURDAY, APRIL 9
• Yoga on the Beach, 8 a.m. Horace Caldwell Pier. (See story this page.) • Dunk Your Junk, 9 a.m. to noon. city transfer station on Ross Avenue. (See story this page.)
SUNDAY, APRIL 10
• Sandstock planning meeting, 12:30 p.m. Community Presbyterian Church youth room. (See story Page 5A.)
MONDAY, APRIL 11
• Free movie, 3 p.m. UTMSI Visitor Center. ‘How the Earth Was Made: Iceland,’ 47 min. Subject to cancellation without notice. • Port Aransas Garden Club, 5:45 p.m. Community Center. (See story Page 1B.)
TUESDAY, APRIL 12
• Port Aransas Garden Club, 9 a.m. Community Center. (See story Page 1B.) • Free movie, 3 p.m. UTMSI Visitor Center. ‘How the Earth Was Made: Krakatoa,’ 47 min. Subject to cancellation without notice. • Animal Friends of Port Aransas, 5:30 p.m. Aransas Harbors meeting room. (See story this page.) • Ellis Memorial Library Book Club, 6:30 p.m. Library. (See story Page 6A.)
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 13
• Free movie, 3 p.m. UTMSI Visitor Center. ‘How the Earth Was Made: New York,’ 47 min. Subject to cancellation without notice.
ON THE HORIZON