Swimming Pool, 700 Clark Parkway: swim lessons, water exercise and lap swimming. Open daily except Monday. Open swim: Tuesday through Thursday,1- 2 p.m., Friday through Sunday, 1 to 6 p.m. Lap swim: noon to 1 p.m. Call 749-2416 for more lap swim hours and information. • Computer Center, Monday – Friday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; closed Sunday. Hours subject to volunteer availability. 430 N. Alister St. Free e-mail. 749-4011. • Art Center for the Islands: Classes, workshops. 749-7334. • The University of Texas at Austin Marine Science Institute (UTMSI) Visitors Center: Open Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. -- 5 p.m. Free. • Port Aransas Museum, Alister at Brundrett street. 1 - 5 p.m. Thursday - Saturday. • Trolley: 10 a.m. - 5:55 p.m. Wave down anywhere along the route from Roberts Point Park to Beach Access Rd 1A and State Hwy. 361 South. Maps, schedules available at the Tourist Bureau. • Flexi-B bus service between Port Aransas and Corpus Christi by appointment.Call City Hall, 749- 4111 to make reservations. Picks up passengers at 7:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. Mon. – Fri. and at 10 a.m. Sat. Leaves Corpus Christi at 3:30 p.m. Mon. – Sat. $1.25 each way. Del Mar and TAMU-CC students ride free.
WEEKLY • Free Wetland Education Center tours, UTMSI, 10 a.m. Tues. and Thurs. (Tours cancelled on Oct. 14, 19, 21 and 26.) • Port Aransas Running Club and Walkers, Too, 7 a.m., Tues., Wed., Thurs., community park swimming pool parking lot. Contact Steve Canion, 749-3388. • Rotary Club, noon Thurs., Pelican’s Landing Restaurant, 337 N. Alister St. • Adult water exercise classes, 60 minutes, 8:30 a.m., 9:30 a.m. and noon, Tues.-Fri., community park swimming pool, 700 Clark Parkway. • Alcoholics Anonymous open meeting, 8 p.m. Monday through Sunday, Sharp Pavilion behind Trinityby the-Sea Episcopal Church, 433 Trojan. 749-6449. • Adult tennis, 7:30 a.m. Mon., Wed., Fri., and 7 p.m. Mon. and Wed., PAISD courts on Station Street. Free, no partner needed. Call Murray 749-4861 or 749-5131. • Port Aransas Museum tours of the
Little Chapel on the Hill, first and third Friday and Saturday of each month at 10 a.m. Call or visit the museum for reservations, 749-3800. • Story Time, 10:30 – 11 a.m. Sat., Bill Ellis Memorial Library, 749-4116. • Port A Pens, 10-noon Mon., Bill Ellis Memorial Library, 710 W. Ave. A.
• Port A Pencils, 7-9 p.m., third Monday each month, Ellis Memorial Library. • Port Aransas Volleyball Assoc. Mon., H.G. Olsen Elementary School gym, 100 Station St. • Birding on the Boardwalk, guided bird walk with Nan Dietert, 9 a.m., Wed. 749-4158. • Friends of the Library, alternating Wednesdays at the library, 710 W. Ave. A, 6 p.m. • Kiwanis Club, noon Wed., Jay’s Seafood and Spaghetti Works, 710 State Hwy. 361. • Project FREE Free, anonymous and confidential testing for HIV, hepatitis-C, syphilis, gonorrhea and chlamydia, 10 a.m., first and third Tuesday of every month,JELM Center office,113 S. Alister St. Walk-ins O.K.
• Low Impact Aerobics, 8 a.m., Mon., Wed., Fri., JELM Center at Community Presbyterian Church, 113 S. Alister St.
• Meditation class, 7 p.m., alternating Thursdays at the small pavilion in Roberts Point Park.
• VFW Pool Tournament, 7 p.m., Wed., VFW, 311 N. Alister St.
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 28 • Free movie, UTMSI Visitor Center, 3 p.m., ‘Planet Earth: Saving Species,’ 60 min. Subject to cancellation without notice. • Parrot Heads of Port Aransas, 6:30 p.m. Tarpon Ice House, 103 W. Roberts Avenue. • Halloween play, 7 p.m., Port Aransas High School cafetorium, 100 S. Station St. (See story 7A.)
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 29 • Halloween play, 7 p.m., Port Aransas High School cafetorium, 100 S. Station St. (See story 7A.)
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 30 • Trinity By The Sea Day School garage sale, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Trinity By The Sea Parish Hall, 430 Trojan St. (See story this page.) • ‘Pumpkin’ Carving on the Beach, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. On the Beach at Ave. G. (See story this page.) • Reunion of locals from ‘70’s and 80’s, 2 p.m. Small pavilion at Roberts Point Park. (See story this page.) • Halloween play, 7 p.m., Port Aransas High School cafetorium, 100 S. Station St. (See story Page 7A.)
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 31
• Halloween at the Pool, 1 to 3 p.m. Community Park Pool, 700 Clark Parkway. (See story Page 7A.) • Halloween play, 3 p.m., Port Aransas High School cafetorium, 100 S. Station St. (See story Page 7A.)
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 1 • Free movie, UTMSI Visitor Center, 3 p.m., ‘How the Earth Was Made: Hawaii,’ 47 min. Subject to cancellation without notice.
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 2
VOTE 7 A.M. - 7 P.M.
COMMUNITY CENTER • PORT A QUILLS, 1 P.M . COFFEE WAVES, 1007 STATE HWY. 361. (SEE STORY THIS PAGE.) • FREE M OVIE, UTMSI VISITOR CENTER, 3 P.M ., ‘IF WE HAD NO MOON,’ 50 M IN. SUBJECT TO CANCELLATION WITHOUT NOTICE. • KPAB M EETING, 6 P.M . ELLIS MEM ORIAL LIBRARY, 710 W. AVE. A.
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 3 • Free movie at UTMSI Visitor Center is cancelled today.
|ON THE HORIZON|
|Nov. 6||• Fall Back Festival|
|Nov. 12||• Heron Preview Gala|
|Nov. 13||• Great Heron Release|
The Island agenda is free of charge to non-profit organizations of Port Aransas for announcements of meetings and special events. To list an event or meeting, call 749-5131 or e-mail email@example.com BEFORE NOON TUESDAY.