Students named to dean’s lists
Several students from Port Aransas have been recognized for outstanding academic performance for the spring 2010 semester at state universities.
Texas A&M University-College Station distinguished students are:
• Gus Zarych, a 2006 Port Aransas High School graduate, majoring in computer science.
• Elaine Franco, a 2008 Port Aransas High School graduate, majoring in international studies.
To be recognized as a distinguished student at TAMU-College Station, a student must be enrolled in 15 or more semester hours and attain a 3.5 to 3.74 grade point ratio.
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi dean’s list students are:
• Lela Caldwell, a 1999 Port Aransas High School graduate and a 2010 TAMUCC cum laude graduate in music.
• Minda Willner, a 2007 Port Aransas High School graduate, majoring in accounting.
• Alyssa Crawford, a 2008 PAHS graduate, majoring in English.
• Asa Olson, a 2009 PAHS graduate majoring in mechanical engineering.
To be named to the dean’s list at TAMU-CC, a student must be enrolled in 12 or more semester hours and attain a 3.65 or better grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
Stephen F. Austin State University, in Nacogdoches, named Scott Clanton to the dean’s list. Clanton was a 2006 PAHS graduate and is majoring in hospitality administration.
To be named to the dean’s list at SFA, a student must be enrolled in 12 or more semester hours and maintain a grade point average of 3.5.