• Port Aransas Community Park Swimming Pool, 700 Clark Parkway: swim lessons, water exercise and lap swimming. Open daily except Sundays and Mondays for open swim, 1- 2 p.m., Saturdays 1 to 5 p.m. and more. Call 749-2416 for lap swim hours and information.
• Computer Center, Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.; closed Sunday. 430 N. Alister St. Free e-mail. 749-4011.
• Art Center for the Islands: Classes, workshops. 749-7334.
• The University of Texas at Austin Marine Science Institute (UTMSI) Visitors Center: Open Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. -- 5 p.m. Free.
• Port Aransas Museum, Alister at Brundrett street. 1 - 5 p.m. Thursday - Saturday.
• Trolley: 10 a.m. - 5:55 p.m. Wave down anywhere along the route from Roberts Point Park to Beach Access Rd 1A and State Hwy. 361 South. Maps, schedules available at the Tourist Bureau.
• Flexi-B bus service between Port Aransas and Corpus Christi by appointment.Call City Hall, 749- 4111 to make reservations. Picks up passengers at 7:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. Mon. – Fri. and at 10 a.m. Sat. Leaves Corpus Christi at 3:30 p.m. Mon. – Sat. $1.25 each way. Del Mar and TAMU-CC students ride free.
• Free Wetland Education Center tours, UTMSI, 10 a.m. Tues. and Thurs.
• Port Aransas Running Club and Walkers, Too, 7 a.m., Tues., Wed., Thurs., community park swimming pool parking lot. Contact Steve Canion, 749-3388.
• Rotary Club, noon Thurs., Pelican’s Landing Restaurant, 337 N. Alister St.
• Adult water exercise classes, 60 minutes, 8:30 a.m., 9:30 a.m. and noon, Tues. – Fri. community park (heated) swimming pool, 700 Clark Parkway.
• Low-Impact Aerobics, Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 8 to 9 a.m., at the JELM Center, 113 S. Alister. Class is free, but $1 donation to the center is appreciated.
• Meditation and relaxation class, alternating Thursdays. December class on the 17th, 6:30 p.m.Roberts Point Park small pavilion. In bad weather, at the Girl Scout Hut, 739 W. Ave. A. For more information, call Pam Greene at 749-4158.
• Alcoholics Anonymous open meeting, 8 p.m. Monday through Sunday, Sharp Pavilion behind Trinity-by-the-Sea Episcopal Church, 433 Trojan. 749-6449.
• Adult tennis, 7:30 a.m. Mon., Wed., Fri., and 7 p.m. Mon. and Wed., PAISD courts on Station Street. Free, no partner needed. Call Murray 749-4861 or 749-5131.
• Story Time, 10:30 – 11 a.m. Sat., Bill Ellis Memorial Library, 749-4116.
• Creative writing group, 10-noon Mon., JELM library, 113 S. Alister St.
• Port Aransas Volleyball Assoc. Mon., H.G. Olsen Elementary School gym, 100 Station St.
• Birding on the Boardwalk, guided bird walk with Nan Dietert, 9 a.m., Wed. 749-4158.
• Friends of the Library, meets on alternating Wednesdays at the Ellis Memorial Public Library, 710 W. Ave. A, 6 p.m.
• Kiwanis Club, noon Wed., Jay’s Seafood and Spaghetti Works, 710 State Hwy. 361.
• Project FREE Free, anonymous and confidential testing for HIV, hepatitis- C, syphilis, gonorrhea and chlamydia, 10 a.m. on the first and thirdTuesday of every month,JELM Center office,113 S. Alister St. Walk-ins O.K.
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 3
• No movie, UTMSI Visitors Center, Dec. 3.
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 4
• Houston Express Children’s Theatre musical ‘Rudolph,’ at Port Aransas Community Theatre, 2327 State Hwy. 361., 7 p.m. (See story this page.)
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 5
• Presbyterian Women’s Christmas Shoppe, Pollock Center, 129 S.Alister St., 8 a.m. to noon. (See story this page.)
• Trinity-by-the-Sea Episcopal Women’s Christmas Bazaar, parrish hall, 433 Trojan Ave., 8 a.m. yo 1 p.m. (See story this page.)
• Carolers Afloat boat lighting parade and contest, Fred Rhodes Pavilion and City Marina, 6 p.m.(See story Page 1A.)
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 6
• Art Center for the Islands’ High School and Middle SchoolStudent Art Show Awards Reception, art center, 323 N. Alister St., 2 to 4 p.m. (See story this page.)
MONDAY, DECEMBER 7
• Pearl Harbor Day program, Port Aransas Museum and Community Center, at Alister and Brundrett Streets, 7 p.m.(See story Page 1A.)
• ‘Rudolph’ at Port Aransas Community Theatre, 2327 State Hwy. 361, 7 p.m. (See story this page.)
• Free movie, UTMSI Visitors Center, ‘Blue Planet: Coasts,’ 45 min.Subject to cancellation without notice.
Tuesday, December 8
• Ellis memorial Library Book Club meeting, at the library, 710 W. Ave. A, 6:30 p.m. (See story this page.)
• VFW Ladies Auxiliary meeting, VFW Post 8967, 311 N. Alister St., noon. (See story this page.)
• Community Presbyterian Church Women’s Christmas Service, 113 S. Alister, 7 p.m. (See story Page 4A.)
• Free movie, UTMSI Visitors Center, 3 p.m., ‘Hooked on Hummingbirds,’ 53 min. Subject to cancellation without notice.
Wednesday, December 9
• Deadline to enter the Port Aransas Garden Club annual Christmas Lights contest, ‘Christmas in PA-radise.’ (See story Page 4A.)
• Free movie, UTMSI Visitors Center, ‘The Arctic Mission: Lords of the Arctic,’ 52 min. Subject to cancellation without notice.
ON THE HORIZON
Dec. 11-13: PACT Christmas Review
Dec. 12: Yoga on the Beach
Dec. 15: Children’s Christmas Party
Dec. 18: Toy Round-up ends
Dec. 18, 19: Port Aransas Museum tours of Little Chapel on the Hill
THE ISLAND AGENDA IS FREE OF CHARGE TO NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS OF PORT ARANSAS FOR ANNOUNCEMENTS OF MEETINGS AND SPECIAL EVENTS. CALL 749-5131 OR E-MAIL SOUTHJETTY@CENTURYTEL.NET BEFORE NOON TUESDAY TO LIST AN EVENT OR MEETING.