• Port Aransas Community Park Swimming Pool, 700 Clark Parkway: swim lessons, water exercise and lap swimming. Open daily except Sundays and Mondays for open swim, 1- 2 p.m., Saturdays 1 to 5 p.m. and more. Call 749-2416 for lap swim hours and information.
• Computer Center, Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.; closed Sunday. 430 N. Alister St. Free e-mail. 749-4011.
• Art Center for the Islands: Classes, workshops. 749-7334.
• The University of Texas at Austin Marine Science Institute (UTMSI) Visitors Center: Open Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. -- 5 p.m. Free.
• Port Aransas Museum, Alister at Brundrett street. 1 - 5 p.m. Thursday - Saturday.
• Trolley: 10 a.m. - 5:55 p.m. Wave down anywhere along the route from Roberts Point Park to Beach Access Rd 1A and State Hwy. 361 South. Maps, schedules available at the Tourist Bureau.
• Flexi-B bus service between Port Aransas and Corpus Christi by appointment.Call City Hall, 749- 4111 to make reservations. Picks up passengers at 7:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. Mon. – Fri. and at 10 a.m. Sat. Leaves Corpus Christi at 3:30 p.m. Mon. – Sat. $1.25 each way. Del Mar and TAMU-CC students ride free.
• Free Wetland Education Center tours, UTMSI, 10 a.m. Tues. and Thurs.
• Port Aransas Running Club and Walkers, Too, 7 a.m., Tues., Wed., Thurs., community park swimming pool parking lot. Contact Steve Canion, 749-3388.
• Rotary Club, noon Thurs., Pelican’s Landing Restaurant, 337 N. Alister St.
• Adult water exercise classes, 60 minutes, 8:30 a.m., 9:30 a.m. and noon, Tues. – Fri. community park (heated) swimming pool, 700 Clark Parkway.
• Low-Impact Aerobics, Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 8 to 9 a.m., at the JELM Center, 113 S. Alister. Class is free, but $1 donation to the center is appreciated.
• Meditation and relaxation class, alternating Thursdays. December classes on the 3rd and 17th, 6:30 p.m.Roberts Point Park small pavilion. In bad weather, at the Girl Scout Hut, 739 W. Ave. A. For more information, call Pam Greene at 749-4158.
• Alcoholics Anonymous open meeting, 8 p.m. Monday through Sunday, Sharp Pavilion behind Trinity-by-the-Sea Episcopal Church, 433 Trojan. 749-6449.
• Adult tennis, 7:30 a.m. Mon., Wed., Fri., and 7 p.m. Mon. and Wed., PAISD courts on Station Street. Free, no partner needed. Call Murray 749-4861 or 749-5131.
• Story Time, 10:30 – 11 a.m. Sat., Bill Ellis Memorial Library, 749-4116.
• Creative writing group, 10-noon Mon., JELM library, 113 S. Alister St.
• Port Aransas Volleyball Assoc. Mon., H.G. Olsen Elementary School gym, 100 Station St.
• Birding on the Boardwalk, guided bird walk with Nan Dietert, 9 a.m., Wed. 749-4158.
• Friends of the Library, meets on alternating Wednesdays at the Ellis Memorial Public Library, 710 W. Ave. A, 6 p.m.
• Kiwanis Club, noon Wed., Jay’s Seafood and Spaghetti Works, 710 State Hwy. 361.
• Project FREE Free, anonymous and confidential testing for HIV, hepatitis- C, syphilis, gonorrhea and chlamydia, 10 a.m. on the first Tuesday of every month,JELM Center office,113 S. Alister St. Walk-ins O.K.
THURSDAY, N OVEMBER 26
• No movie, UTMSI Visitors Center, Nov. 26 and Dec. 3.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 27
• Free guided beach walk, meets at Horace Caldwell Pier, 9 a.m. (See story this page.)
• Care and Share holiday drive begins. (See story Page 1A.)
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 28
• Port Aransas Museum docents drawing tickets sales, Family Center IGA, 418 S. Alister St., from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (See story this page.)
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 30
• Positive Parent Support group meeting, H.G. Olsen Elementary School counselor’s office, 8:15 to 9:30 a.m.(See story Page 8A.)
• Free movie, UTMSI Visitors Center, ‘Blue Planet: Coasts,’ 45 min.Subject to cancellation without notice.
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 1
• Keep Port Aransas Beautiful Christmas party, Port Aransas Community Center, 408 N. Alister, at 6 pm. (See story this page.)
• Free movie, UTMSI Visitors Center, 3 p.m., ‘Hooked on Hummingbirds,’ 53 min. Subject to cancellation without notice.
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 2
• Friends of the Library meeting, 6 p.m. in the Bill Ellis Memorial Library meeting room, 710 W. Ave. A. (See story this page.)
• Free movie, UTMSI Visitors Center, ‘The Arctic Mission: Lords of the Arctic,’ 52 min. Subject to cancellation without notice.
ON THE HORIZON Dec. 4: ‘Rudolph’ at PACT Dec. 5: Carolers Afloat
Dec. 5: Presbyterian Women’s Christmas Shoppe
Dec. 6: Student Art Show Awards Reception, Art Center for the Islands
Dec. 7: Port Aransas Museum, Memories of Pearl Harbor
THE ISLAND AGENDA IS FREE OF CHARGE TO NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS OF PORT ARANSAS FOR ANNOUNCEMENTS OF MEETINGS AND SPECIAL EVENTS. CALL 749-5131OR E-MAIL SOUTHJETTY@CENTURYTEL.NET BEFORE NOON TUESDAY TO LIST AN EVENT OR MEETING.