• Port Aransas Community Park Swimming Pool, 700 Clark Parkway: swim lessons, water exercise and lap swimming. Open daily except Sundays and Mondays for open swim, 1- 2 p.m., Saturdays 1 to 5 p.m. and more. Call 749-2416 for lap swim hours and information.
• Computer Center, Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.; closed Sunday. 430 N. Alister St. Free e-mail. 749-4011.
• Art Center for the Islands: Classes, workshops. 749-7334.
• The University of Texas at Austin Marine Science Institute (UTMSI) Visitors Center: Open Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. -- 5 p.m. Free.
• Port Aransas Museum, Alister at Brundrett street. 1 - 5 p.m. Thursday - Saturday.
• Flexi-B bus service between Port Aransas and Corpus Christi by appointment.Call City Hall, 749- 4111 to make reservations. Picks up passengers at 7:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. Mon. – Fri. and at 10 a.m. Sat. Leaves Corpus Christi at 3:30 p.m. Mon. – Sat. $1.25 each way. Del Mar and TAMU-CC students ride free.
• Free Wetland Education Center tours, UTMSI, 10 a.m. Tues. and Thurs.
• Port Aransas Running Club and Walkers, Too, 7 a.m., Tues., Wed., Thurs., community park swimming pool parking lot. Contact Steve Canion, 749-3388.
• Rotary Club, noon Thurs., Pelican’s Landing Restaurant, 337 N. Alister St.
• Adult water exercise classes, 60 minutes, 8:30 a.m., 9:30 a.m. and noon, Tues. – Fri. community park (heated) swimming pool, 700 Clark Parkway.
• Low-Impact Aerobics, Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 8 to 9 a.m., at the JELM Center, 113 S. Alister. Class is free, but $1 donation to the center is appreciated.
• Meditation and relaxation class, alternating Thursdays. Nov. class on the 19th, 6:30 p.m.Roberts Point Park small pavilion. In bad weather, at the Girl Scout Hut, 739 W. Ave. A. For more information, call Pam Greene at 749-4158.
• Alcoholics Anonymous open meeting, 8 p.m. Monday through Sunday, Sharp Pavilion behind Trinity-by-the-Sea Episcopal Church, 433 Trojan. 749-6449.
• Adult tennis, 7:30 a.m. Mon., Wed., Fri., and 7 p.m. Mon. and Wed., PAISD courts on Station Street. Free, no partner needed. Call Murray 749-4861 or 749-5131.
• Story Time, 10:30 – 11 a.m. Sat., Bill Ellis Memorial Library, 749-4116.
• Creative writing group, 10-noon Mon., JELM library, 113 S. Alister St.
• Golden Agers Lunch Bunch - full-time residents age 60 and over, Roberts Point Park. Meet at 11:30 a.m. Tues. Bring a sack lunch. Lunch at noon. Call 749-5319 for more information.
• Port Aransas Volleyball Assoc. Mon., H.G. Olsen Elementary School gym, 100 Station St.
• Birding on the Boardwalk, guided bird walk with Nan Dietert, 9 a.m., Wed. 749-4158.
• Kiwanis Club, noon Wed., Jay’s Seafood and Spaghetti Works, 710 State Hwy. 361.
• Project FREE Free, anonymous and confidential testing for HIV, hepatitis- C, syphilis, gonorrhea and chlamydia, 10 a.m. on the first and third Tuesdays of every month,JELM Center office,113 S. Alister St. Walk-ins O.K.
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 5
• Free movie, UTMSI Visitors Center, 3 p.m., ‘Blue Planet: Frozen Seas,’ 45 min. Subject to cancellation without notice.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 6
• Port Aransas Rotary Club Food Drive and flag program subscription sales, Family Center IGA parking lot, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (See story this page.)
• First Friday art reception, Art Center for the Islands, 323 N. Alister St., 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. (See story this page.)
• The Adult Education and Literacy program at the Community Presbyterian Church, 113 S. Alister St., will begin registration for GED program. (See story this page.)
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 7
• Fall for the ARK, Port Aransas Civic Center, 700 W. Ave. A, 6 p.m. (See story Page 1A.)
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 9
• Representatives from the WIC (Women, Infants and Children) nutritional program at the Family Center IGA parking lot, 416 S. Alister St., 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. (See story Page 3B.)
• Marlin Athletic Booster Club meeting, Port Aransas ISD administration building, 100 S. Station St.,6:30 p.m. (See story Page 5B.)
• Port Aransas Museum Historical Lecture Series. Wine and cheese served at the museum at 7 p.m. and the presentation will begin at 8 p.m. in the Community Center, 408 N. Alister St. (See story this page.)
• Free movie, UTMSI Visitors Center, ‘Blue Planet: Coral Seas,’ 45 min. Subject to cancellation without notice. No movie on Nov. 9.
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 10
• Port Aransas Garden Club meeting, Port Aransas Community Center, 408 N. Alister St., 10 a.m. (See story Page 3B.)
• Ellis Memorial Library Book Club meeting, Ellis Memorial Library, 710 W. Ave. A, 6:30 p.m. (See story Page 1B.)
• Free movie, UTMSI Visitors Center, 3 p.m., ‘Blue Planet: Coasts,’ 45 min. Subject to cancellation without notice. No movie Nov. 10.
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 11
• Veterans’ Day program at Port Aransas High School, 100 S. Station St., 10 a.m. (See story Page 1A.)
• Free movie, UTMSI Visitors Center, ‘Blue Planet: The Deep,’ 45 min. Subject to cancellation without notice. No movie Nov. 11.
ON THE HORIZON
Nov. 14: Recycle Day
Nov. 16: PAHS Sewing Fair
Nov. 21: Art Center 3rd Saturday Sale
Nov. 19: George Barnes Memorial Blood Drive
Nov. 20, 21: Museum chapel tours
THE ISLAND AGENDA IS FREE OF CHARGE TO NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS OF PORT ARANSAS FOR ANNOUNCEMENTS OF MEETINGS AND SPECIAL EVENTS. CALL 749-5131OR E-MAIL SOUTHJETTY@CENTURYTEL.NET BEFORE NOON TUESDAY TO LIST AN EVENT OR MEETING.