• Port Aransas Community Park Swimming Pool, 700 Clark Parkway: swim lessons, water exercise and lap swimming. Open daily except Mondays for open swim, 1- 6 p.m., and more. Call 749-2416 for lap swim hours and information.
• Computer Center, Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.; closed Sunday. 430 N. Alister St. Free e-mail. 749-4011.
• Art Center for the Islands: Classes, workshops. 749-7334.
• The University of Texas at Austin Marine Science Institute (UTMSI) Visitors Center: Open Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. -- 5 p.m. Free.
• Port Aransas Museum, Alister at Brundrett street. 1 - 5 p.m. Thursday - Saturday.
• Trolley: 10 a.m. - 5:55 p.m. Wave down anywhere along the route from Roberts Point Park to Beach Access Rd 1A and State Hwy. 361 South. Maps, schedules available at the Tourist Bureau.
• Flexi-B bus service between Port Aransas and Corpus Christi by appointment. Call City Hall, 749- 4111 to make reservations. Picks up passengers at 7:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. Mon. – Fri. and at 10 a.m. Sat. Leaves Corpus Christi at 3:30 p.m. Mon. – Sat. $1.25 each way. Del Mar and TAMU-CC students ride free.
• Free Wetland Education Center tours, UTMSI, 10 a.m. Tues. and Thurs.
• Port Aransas Running Club and Walkers, Too, 7 a.m., Tues., Wed., Thurs., community park swimming pool parking lot. Contact Steve Canion, 749-3388.
• Rotary Club, noon Thurs., Pelican’s Landing Restaurant, 337 N. Alister St.
• Adult water exercise classes, 60 minutes, 8:30 a.m. and noon, Tues. – Fri. community park (heated) swimming pool, 700 Clark Parkway.
• Low-Impact Aerobics, Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 8 to 9 a.m., at the JELM Center, 113 S. Alister. Class is free, but $1 donation to the center is appreciated.
• Meditation and relaxation class, alternating Thursdays, Sept 24, Oct. 8, 22, at 6:30 p.m.Roberts Point Park small pavilion.For more information, call Pam Greene at 749-4158.
• Alcoholics Anonymous open meeting, 8 p.m. Monday through Sunday, Sharp Pavilion behind Trinity-by-the-Sea Episcopal Church, 433 Trojan. 749-6449.
• Adult tennis, 7:30 a.m. Mon., Wed., Fri., and 7 p.m. Mon. and Wed., PAISD courts on Station Street. Free, no partner needed. Call Murray 749- 4861 or 749-5131.
• Story Time, 10:30 – 11 a.m. Sat., Bill Ellis Memorial Library, 749-4116.
• Creative writing group, 10-noon Mon., JELM library, 113 S. Alister St.
• Golden Agers Lunch Bunch - full-time residents age 60 and over, Roberts Point Park. Meet at 11:30 a.m. Tues. Bring a sack lunch. Lunch at noon. Call 749-5319 for more information.
• Port Aransas Volleyball Assoc. Mon., H.G. Olsen Elementary School gym, 100 Station St.
• Birding on the Boardwalk, guided bird walk with Nan Dietert, 9 a.m., Wed. 749-4158.
• Kiwanis Club, noon Wed., Jay’s Seafood and Spaghetti Works, 710 State Hwy. 361.
• Project FREE Free, anonymous and confidential testing will be available from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the second Friday of each month,First Baptist Church, at 200 N. Station St.Walk-ins O.K., free testing for HIV, hepatitis-C, syphilis, gonorrhea and chlamydia.
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 24
• Parrot Heads meeting, Bernie’s Beach House, 730 Trout St., 6:30 p.m. (See story this page.)
• Free movie, UTMSI Visitors Center, ‘Shorebirds,’ 51 min. Subject to cancellation without notice.
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 25
• Opening night,“Broken Up,” Port Aransas Community Theatre, 2327 State Hwy. 361, 7:30 p.m. (See story this page.)
• Guided Beach Walk, On the beach at Horace Caldwell Pier, 9 a.m. Free. (See story this page.)
• Sand Slam poetry competition,Tarpon Ice House, 321 N. Alister St., 7:30 p.m. sign-up time. (See story this page.)
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 26
• Sandstock, Christian Music Festival, Jerry McDonald Field, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. (See story Page 1A.)
• Adopt-a-Beach Clean-up, 8:30 on the beach at Avenue G. (See story Page 1A.)
• Conquer the Coast bicycle race. (See story Page 7A.)
• National Day of Play activities all day. (See story this page.)
• “Broken Up,” at Port Aransas Community Theatre, 2327 State Hwy. 361, 7:30 p.m. (See story this page.)
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 27
• Last day to tour Idea House at Cinnamon Shore. (See story this page.)
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 28
• Free movie, UTMSI Visitors Center, ‘Kingdom of the Seahorse,’ 56 min. Subject to cancellation without notice.
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29
• Mentors and volunteers meeting, Port Aransas ISD administration building, 100 S. Station St., 10 a.m. (See story Page 9A.)
• Free movie, UTMSI Visitors Center, ‘Into the Deep,’ 35 min. Subject to cancellation without notice.
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30
• Free movie, UTMSI Visitors Center, ‘Survival Island,’ 40 min. Subject to cancellation without notice.
ON THE HORIZON
Oct. 2: First Friday Art Reception
Mardis Gras in October
Harvest Moon Regatta
Oct. 3: Sand and Surf Walk/Run
Trinity Day School Anniv.
Harvest Moon Regatta
Oct. 9: Sunset Sounds
Oct. 17: Port A Art About
KPAB Dunk Your Junk
Oct. 31 Fall Back Festival
THE ISLAND AGENDA IS FREE OF CHARGE TO NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS OF PORT ARANSAS FOR ANNOUNCEMENTS OF MEETINGS AND SPECIAL EVENTS. CALL 749-5131OR E-MAIL SOUTHJETTY@CENTURYTEL.NET BEFORE NOON TUESDAY TO LIST AN EVENT OR MEETING.