• Port Aransas Community Park Swimming Pool, 700 Clark Parkway: swim lessons, water exercise and lap swimming. Open daily except Mondays for open swim, 1- 6 p.m., and more. Call 749-2416 for lap swim hours and information.
• Computer Center, Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.; closed Sunday. 430 N. Alister St. Free e-mail. 749-4011.
• Art Center for the Islands: Classes, workshops. 749-7334.
• The University of Texas at Austin Marine Science Institute (UTMSI) Visitors Center: Open Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. -- 5 p.m. Free.
• Port Aransas Museum, Alister at Brundrett street. 1 - 5 p.m. Thursday - Saturday.
• Trolley: 10 a.m. - 5:55 p.m. Wave down anywhere along the route from Roberts Point Park to Beach Access Rd 1A and State Hwy. 361 South. Maps, schedules available at the Tourist Bureau.
• Flexi-B bus service between Port Aransas and Corpus Christi by appointment. Call City Hall, 749- 4111 to make reservations. Picks up passengers at 7:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. Mon. – Fri. and at 10 a.m. Sat. Leaves Corpus Christi at 3:30 p.m. Mon. – Sat. $1.25 each way. Del Mar and TAMU-CC students ride free.
• Free Wetland Education Center tours, UTMSI, 10 a.m. Tues. and Thurs.
• Port Aransas Running Club and Walkers, Too, 7 a.m., Tues., Wed., Thurs., community park swimming pool parking lot. Contact Steve Canion, 749-3388.
• Rotary Club, noon Thurs., Pelican’s Landing Restaurant, 337 N. Alister St.
• Adult water exercise classes, 60 minutes, 8:30 a.m. and noon, Tues. – Fri. community park (heated) swimming pool, 700 Clark Parkway.
• Low-Impact Aerobics, Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 8 to 9 a.m., at the JELM Center, 113 S. Alister. Class is free, but $1 donation to the center is appreciated.
• Meditation and relaxation class, alternating Thursdays, Sept. 10, 24, at 6:30 p.m.Roberts Point Park small pavilion.For more information, call Pam Greene at 749-4158.
• Alcoholics Anonymous open meeting, 8 p.m. Monday through Sunday, Sharp Pavilion behind Trinity-by-the-Sea Episcopal Church, 433 Trojan. 749-6449.
• Adult tennis, 7:30 a.m. Mon., Wed., Fri., and 7 p.m. Mon. and Wed., PAISD courts on Station Street. Free, no partner needed. Call Murray 749- 4861 or 749-5131.
• Story Time, 10:30 – 11 a.m. Sat., Bill Ellis Memorial Library, 749-4116.
• Creative writing group, 10-noon Mon., JELM library, 113 S. Alister St.
• Golden Agers Lunch Bunch - full-time residents age 60 and over, Roberts Point Park. Meet at 11:30 a.m. Tues. Bring a sack lunch. Lunch at noon. Call 749-5319 for more information.
• Port Aransas Volleyball Assoc. Mon., H.G. Olsen Elementary School gym, 100 Station St.
• Birding on the Boardwalk, guided bird walk with Nan Dietert, 9 a.m., Wed. 749-4158.
• Kiwanis Club, noon Wed., Jay’s Seafood and Spaghetti Works, 710 State Hwy. 361.
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 10
• Port Aransas Community Theatre Christmas program meeting, 7 p.m. at the theater, 2327 State Hwy. 361.(See story this page.)
• Parrot Heads meeting, Aransas Harbors Condominium meeting room, 230 S. Cutoff Rd., 6 p.m. (See story this page.)
• Free movie, UTMSI Visitors Center, ‘Cracking the Ocean Code,’ 50 min. Subject to cancellation without notice.
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 11
• Coastal Bend Blood Center Mobile Unit in Port Aransas, at Family Center IGA parking lot, 416 S. Alister St. (See story this page.)
• Coastal Bend Aids Foundation Project FREE testing and education at the First Baptist Church, 200 N. Station St. (See story Page 4A.)
• Sunset Sounds Concert, Roberts Point Park, Patsy Jones Amphitheater, 7 p.m. (See story this page.)
• Port Aransas Rotary Club Champagne Cruise and Mini-Taste of Port Aransas, 7:30 to 9:30 p.m., aboard the Wharf Cat out of Fisherman’s Wharf.
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 12
• Yoga on the Beach, 8 a.m. near Horace Caldwell Pier (See story Page 2B.)
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 14
• Marlin Athletic Booster Club meeting, 6:30 p.m., PAISD administration board room, 100 S. Station St. (See story Page 6A.)
• VFW Ladies Auxiliary meeting, VFW Post 8967, 311 N. Alister St., 5 p.m. (See story this page.)
• WIC Mobile Unit in Port Aransas, 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., at the Family Center IGA parking lot, 416 S. Alister St. (See story Page 5B.)
• Free movie, UTMSI Visitors Center, ‘Antarctica,’ 38 min. Subject to cancellation without notice.
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15
• Free movie, UTMSI Visitors Center, ‘Bones, Brawn and Brains,’ 53 min. Subject to cancellation without notice.
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 16
• Free movie, UTMSI Visitors Center, ‘Coral Seas,’ 45 min. Subject to cancellation without notice.
ON THE HORIZON
September 18: PACT play opens
September 19: Kiwanis Golf Tourney
Art Center 3rd Sat. Sale
September 22: KPAB Appreciation Day
September 25: Guided Beach Walk
September 26: Beach Clean-up
THE ISLAND AGENDA IS FREE OF CHARGE TO NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS OF PORT ARANSAS FOR ANNOUNCEMENTS OF MEETINGS AND SPECIAL EVENTS. CALL 749-5131OR E-MAIL SOUTHJETTY@CENTURYTEL.NET BEFORE NOON TUESDAY TO LIST AN EVENT OR MEETING.