• Port Aransas Community Park swimming pool, 700 Clark Parkway: swim lessons, water exercise and lap swimming. Open daily except Mondays for swimming, 1- 6 p.m., and more. Call 749-2416 for information.
• Computer Center, Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.; closed Sunday. 430 N. Alister St. Free e-mail. 749-4011.
• Art Center for the Islands: Classes, workshops. 749-7334.
• The University of Texas at Austin Marine Science Institute (UTMSI) Visitors Center: Open Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. -- 5 p.m. Free.
• Port Aransas Museum, Alister at Brundrett street. 1 - 5 p.m. Thursday - Saturday.
• Trolley: 10 a.m. - 5:55 p.m. Wave down anywhere along the route from Roberts Point Park to Beach Access Rd 1A and State Hwy. 361 South. Maps, schedules available at the Tourist Bureau.
• Free Wetland Education Center tours, UTMSI, 10 a.m. Tues.,Thurs., and Sat.
• Free low impact aerobics, JELM Center, 113 S. Alister St., Mon., Wed. and Fri., 8 a.m.
• Port Aransas Running Club and Walkers, Too, 7 a.m., Tues., Wed., Thurs., community park swimming pool parking lot. Contact Steve Canion, 749-3388.
• Rotary Club, noon Thurs., Pelican’s Landing Restaurant, 337 N. Alister St.
• Adult water exercise classes, 8:15 a.m., noon and 6 p.m., Tues. – Fri. community park (heated) swimming pool, 700 Clark Parkway.
• Alcoholics Anonymous open meeting, 8 p.m. Monday through Sunday, Sharp Pavilion behind Trinity-by-the-Sea Episcopal Church, 433 Trojan. 749-6449.
• Adult tennis, 7:30 a.m. Mon., Wed., Fri., and 7 p.m. Mon. and Wed., PAISD courts on Station Street. Free, no partner needed. Call Murray 749-4861 or 749-5131.
• Story Time, 10:30 – 11 a.m. Sat., Bill Ellis Memorial Library, 749-4116.
• Creative writing group, 10-noon Mon., JELM library, 113 S. Alister St.
• Golden Agers Lunch Bunch - full-time residents age 60 and over, Roberts Point Park. Meet at 11:30 a.m. Tues. Bring a sack lunch. Lunch at noon. Call 749-5319 for more information.
• Port Aransas Volleyball Assoc. Tues., H.G. Olsen Elementary School gym, 100 Station St.
• Birding on the Boardwalk, guided bird walk with Nan Dietert, 9 a.m., Wed. 749-4158.
• Kiwanis Club, noon Wed., Jay’s Seafood and Spaghetti Works, 710 State Hwy. 361.
KIDS’ CALENDAR PAGE 7A
THURSDAY, JULY 30
• Free movie, UTMSI Visitors Center, ‘Explosion of Life,’ 53 min. Subject to cancellation without notice.
FRIDAY, JULY 31
• Port Aransas Community Theatre summer youth production, ‘Shoot-out at Darby Wells opens, 7:30 p.m., at PACT, 2327 State Hwy. 361. (See story this page.)
SATURDAY, AUGUST 1
• Port Aransas Community Theatre summer youth production, ‘Shoot-out at Darby Wells, 7:30 p.m., at PACT, 2327 StateHwy. 361. (See story this page.)
SUNDAY, AUGUST 2
• Vacation Bible School begins, First Baptist Church, 200 N. Station St. (See story Page 4A.)
MONDAY, AUGUST 3
• Free movie, UTMSI Visitors Center, ‘Climate on the Edge,’ 52 min. Subject to cancellation without notice.
TUESDAY, AUGUST 4
• Free movie, UTMSI Visitors Center, ‘Open Ocean,’ 45 min. Subject to cancellation without notice.
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 5
• Free movie, UTMSI Visitors Center, ‘Origins,’ 53 min. Subject to cancellation without notice.
ON THE HORIZON
August 6-9: Texas Legends Billfish Tournament
August 7: First Friday Art Reception
August 11: Free Diabetes Seminar
August 14: Sunset Sounds concert
THE ISLAND AGENDA IS FREE OF CHARGE TO NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS OF PORT ARANSAS FOR ANNOUNCEMENTS OF MEETINGS AND SPECIAL EVENTS. CALL 749-5131OR E-MAIL SOUTHJETTY@CENTURYTEL.NET BEFORE NOON TUESDAY TO LIST AN EVENT OR MEETING.