Steet work underway
By Dan Parker
South Jetty reporter
Streets all over Port Aransas are getting asphalt overlays as part of the $4.9 million bond passed by voters last year.
Most if not all of the work is expected to be finished by Friday, June 26, according to Dave Parsons, the city’s planning and projects director.
Bayside Drive, 12th Street, Brumley Avenue, Dolphin Lane, La Costa Cay, Margo Lane and Royal Palm Lane are getting overlays throughout their entire lengths, Parsons said.
Portions of other streets also are getting overlays. They are:
• 10th Street, from Avenue B to Avenue C;
• Avenue A, from Cut-off Road to Alister Street;
• Avenue B, from Station Street to Tenth Street;
• Avenue C, from 11th Street to Dolphin Lane;
• Avenue E, from Alister Street to 10th Street;
• Beach Street, from Alister to Station streets;
• Lantana Drive, from Station to 11th Street;
• Ross Avenue, from the city’s wastewater treatment plant to the city dump;
• South Station Street, from Avenue G to Cline’s Landing;
• Trojan Street, from Avenue G to just past Avenue F;
• White Street, from Mercer Street to Laurel Street;
The city doesn’t have a schedule for exactly what streets will be under construction when, Parsons said.