• Port Aransas Community Park swimming pool, 700 Clark Parkway: swim lessons, water exercise and lap swimming. Open daily except Mondays for swimming, 1- 6 p.m., and more. Call 749-2416 for information.
• Computer Center, Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.; closed Sunday. 430 N. Alister St. Free e-mail. 749-4011.
• Art Center for the Islands: Classes, workshops. 749-7334.
• The University of Texas at Austin Marine Science Institute (UTMSI) Visitors Center: Open Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. -- 5 p.m. Free.
• Port Aransas Museum, Alister at Brundrett street. 1 - 5 p.m. Thursday - Saturday.
• Trolley: 10 a.m. - 5:55 p.m. Wave down anywhere along the route from Roberts Point Park to Beach Access Rd 1A and State Hwy. 361 South. Maps, schedules available at the Tourist Bureau.
• Free Wetland Education Center tours, UTMSI, 10 a.m. Tues. and Thurs.
• Free fitness class for permanent residents and school district taxpayers, 4 p.m., Mon., Tues., Thurs., H.G. Olsen Elementary gym. 749-6990.
• Port Aransas Running Club and Walkers, Too, 7 a.m., Tues., Wed., Thurs., community park swimming pool parking lot. Contact Steve Canion, 749-3388.
• Rotary Club, noon Thurs., Pelican’s Landing Restaurant, 337 N. Alister St.
• Adult water exercise classes, 8:15 a.m., 9:30 a.m. and noonTues. – Fri. community park (heated) swimming pool, 700 Clark Parkway.
• Mom and Tot Time, 10:30 a.m. to noon Tues. – Fri., community park (heated) swimming pool, 700 Clark Parkway
• Adult tennis, 7:30 a.m. Mon., Wed., Fri., and 7 p.m. Mon. and Wed., PAISD courts on Station Street. Free, no partner needed. Call Murray 749-4861 or 749-5131.
• Story Time, 10:30 – 11 a.m. Sat., Bill Ellis Memorial Library, 749-4116.
• Creative writing group, 10-noon Mon., JELM library, 113 S. Alister St.
• Golden Agers Lunch Bunch - full-time residents age 60 and over, Roberts Point Park. Meet at 11:30 a.m. Tues. Bring a sack lunch. Lunch at noon. Call 749-5319 for more information
• Port Aransas Volleyball Assoc. Tues., H.G. Olsen Elementary School gym, 100 Station St.
• Birding on the Boardwalk, guided bird walk with Nan Dietert, 9 a.m., Wed. 749-4158.
• Kiwanis Club, noon Wed., Jay’s Seafood and Spaghetti Works, 710 State Hwy. 361.
FOR SUMMER YOUTH ACTIVITIES CHECK THE KIDS’ CALENDAR, PAGE 8A.
THURSDAY, JUNE 11
• Free movie, UTMSI Visitors Center, ‘Life in the Sea: Survival,’ 18 min. Subject to cancellation without notice.
FRIDAY, JUNE 12
• Sunset Sounds Concert, Vickie Cross, gospel and country music, 7 p.m., Patsy Jones Amphitheater, Roberts Point Park. (See story this page.)
SATURDAY, JUNE 13
• Yoga on the Beach, 8 a.m. Horace Caldwell Pier. (See story this page.)
MONDAY, JUNE 15
• PACT auditions for summer youth production, ‘Shoot Out at Darbly Wells,’ 7 p.m., 2327 State Hwy. 361. (See story this page.)
• Free movie, UTMSI Visitors Center, ‘What Makes a Fish a Fish’ 37 min. Subject to cancellation without notice.
TUESDAY, JUNE 16
• PACT auditions for summer youth production, ‘Shoot Out at Darbly Wells,’ 7 p.m., 2327 Sate Hwy. 361. (See story this page.)
• Free movie, UTMSI Visitors Center, ‘Into the Deep,’ 35 min. Subject to cancellation without notice.
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 17
• Free movie, UTMSI Visitors Center, ‘The Living Sea,’ 35 min. Subject to cancellation without notice.
ON THE HORIZON
June 19-20: Powder Puff Fishing Tournament
June 20,27: First Baptist Church fundraiser basketball and dodgeball tournaments
June 25-28: Port A Masters Fred Rhodes Memorial fishing tournament
THE ISLAND AGENDA IS FREE OF CHARGE TO NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS OF PORT ARANSAS FOR ANNOUNCEMENTS OF MEETINGS AND SPECIAL EVENTS. CALL 749-5131OR E-MAIL SOUTHJETTY@CENTURYTEL.NET BEFORE NOON TUESDAY TO LIST AN EVENT OR MEETING.