• Port Aransas Community Park swimming pool, 700 Clark Parkway: swim lessons, water exercise and lap swimming. Open daily except Mondays for swimming, 1- 6 p.m., and more. Call 749-2416 for information.
• Computer Center, Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.; closed Sunday. 430 N. Alister St. Free e-mail. 749-4011.
• Art Center for the Islands: Classes, workshops. 749-7334.
• The University of Texas at Austin Marine Science Institute (UTMSI) Visitors Center: Open Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. -- 5 p.m. Free.
• Port Aransas Museum, Alister at Brundrett street. 1 - 5 p.m. Thursday - Saturday.
• Trolley: 10 a.m. - 5:55 p.m. Wave down anywhere along the route from Roberts Point Park to Beach Access Rd 1A and State Hwy. 361 South. Maps, schedules available at the Tourist Bureau.
•Free Wetland Education Center tours, UTMSI, 10 a.m. Tues. and Thurs.
• Free fitness class for permanent residents and school district taxpayers, 4 p.m., Mon., Tues., Thurs., H.G. Olsen Elementary gym. 749-6990.
• Port Aransas Running Club and Walkers, Too, 7 a.m., Tues., Wed., Thurs., community park swimming pool parking lot. Contact Steve Canion, 749-3388.
• Body Toning, 8 a.m. Tues and Thurs. Pollock Center, 113 N. Alister St.
• Rotary Club, noon Thurs., Pelican’s Landing Restaurant, 337 N. Alister St.
• Adult water exercise classes, 8:15 a.m., 9:30 a.m. and noonTues. – Fri. community park (heated) swimming pool, 700 Clark Parkway.
• Mom and Tot Time, 10:30 a.m. to noon Tues. – Fri., community park (heated) swimming pool, 700 Clark Parkway.
• Alcoholics Anonymous open meeting, 8 p.m. Monday through Sunday, Sharp Pavilion behind Trinity-by-the-Sea Episcopal Church, 433 Trojan. 749-6449.
• Weight loss support group, 10:30 a.m.,Tuesdays, JELM library, 113 S. Alister St.
• Yoga for Seniors, Wednesdays, 9:15 a.m.Pollock Center, 129 S. Alister.
• Adult tennis, 7:30 a.m. Mon., Wed., Fri., and 7 p.m. Mon. and Wed., PAISD courts on Station Street. Free, no partner needed. Call Murray 749-4861 or 749-5131.
• Story Time, 10:30 – 11 a.m. Sat., Bill Ellis Memorial Library, 749-4116.
• Creative writing group, 10-noon Mon., JELM library, 113 S. Alister St. •
Artists’ workshop, Tuesday and Friday, 1 p.m., JELM library, 113 S. Alister St. • Bridge, Monday and Thursday, 12:30 p.m., JELM library, 113 S. Alister St.
• Golden Agers Lunch Bunch - fulltime residents age 60 and over, Pollock Center. Meet at 11:30 a.m. Tues. Lunch at noon. 749-5319 by Sunday for reservations.
• Port Aransas Volleyball Assoc. Tues., H.G. Olsen Elementary School gym, 100 Station St.
• Birding on the Boardwalk, guided bird walk with Nan Dietert, 9 a.m., Wed. 749-4158.
• Kiwanis Club, noon Wed., Jay’s Seafood and Spaghetti Works, 710 State Hwy. 361.
THURSDAY, MAY 28
• Free movie, UTMSI Visitors Center, ‘Life on the Move,’ 53 min. Subject to cancellation without notice.
FRIDAY, MAY 29 PAISD last day of school
• PAISD commencement ceremonies, 8 p.m., PAHS. (See story Page 1A.)
• Deadline to register for summer school, PAHS. (See story Page 10A.)
MONDAY, JUNE 1
• City of Port Aransas Parks and Recreation Department summer programs begin. (See Kids’ Calendar, Page 11A.)
• Free movie, UTMSI Visitors Center, ‘Ultimate Animal,’ 53 min. Subject to cancellation without notice.
TUESDAY, JUNE 2
• Swim lessons registration, first session, Community Park pool, 6 p.m. (See story Page 12A.)
• Keep Port Aransas Beautiful meeting, Ellis Memorial Library boardroom, 710 W. Ave. A, 6 p.m. (See story this page.)
• Free movie, UTMSI Visitors Center, ‘Bones, Brawn and Brains,’ 53 min. Subject to cancellation without notice.
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 3
• Free movie, UTMSI Visitors Center, ‘Climate on the Edge,’ 52 min. Subject to cancellation without notice.
ON THE HORIZON
June 6: Free fishing day (no license required for one day)
June 5 - 6: Take a Kid Fishing
Tournament June 12: Sunset Sounds concert
June 19-20: Powder Puff Fishing Tournament
THE ISLAND AGENDA IS FREE OF CHARGE TO NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS OF PORT ARANSAS FOR ANNOUNCEMENTS OF MEETINGS AND SPECIAL EVENTS. CALL 749-5131OR E-MAIL SOUTHJETTY@CENTURYTEL.NET BEFORE NOON TUESDAY TO LIST AN EVENT OR MEETING.