• Port Aransas Community Park swimming pool, 700 Clark Parkway: swim lessons, water exercise and lap swimming. Open daily except Mondays for swimming, 1- 6 p.m., and more. Call 749-2416 for information.
• Computer Center, Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.; closed Sunday. 430 N. Alister St. Free e-mail. 749-4011.
• Art Center for the Islands: Classes, workshops. 749-7334.
• The University of Texas at Austin Marine Science Institute (UTMSI) Visitors Center: Open Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. -- 5 p.m. Free.
• Port Aransas Museum, Alister at Brundrett street. 1 - 5 p.m. Thursday - Saturday.
• Trolley: 10 a.m. - 5:55 p.m. Wave down anywhere along the route from Roberts Point Park to Beach Access Rd 1A and State Hwy. 361 South. Maps, schedules available at the Tourist Bureau.
• Free Wetland Education Center tours, UTMSI, 2 p.m. Tues. and Thurs.
• Free fitness class for permanent residents and school district taxpayers, 4 p.m., Mon., Tues., Thurs., H.G. Olsen Elementary gym. 749-6990.
• Port Aransas Running Club and Walkers, Too, 7 a.m., Tues., Wed., Thurs., community park swimming pool parking lot. Contact Steve Canion, 749-3388.
• Body Toning, 8 a.m. Tues and Thurs. Pollock Center, 113 N. Alister St.
• Rotary Club, noon Thurs., Pelican's Landing Restaurant, 337 N. Alister St.
• Adult water exercise classes, 8:15 a.m., 9:30 a.m. and noonTues. - Fri. community park (heated) swimming pool, 700 Clark Parkway.
• Mom and Tot Time, 10:30 a.m. to noon Tues. - Fri., community park (heated) swimming pool, 700 Clark Parkway.
• Alcoholics Anonymous open meeting, 8 p.m. Monday through Sunday, Sharp Pavilion behind Trinity-by-the-Sea Episcopal Church, 433 Trojan. 749-6449.
• Weight loss support group, 10:30 a.m.,Tuesdays, JELM library, 113 S. Alister St.
• Yoga for Seniors, Wednesdays, 9:15 a.m.Pollock Center, 129 S. Alister.
• Story Time, 10:30 - 11 a.m. Sat., Bill Ellis Memorial Library, 749-4116.
• Low impact aerobics, 8-9 a.m. Mon., Wed., Fri., JELM Center, 113 Alister. 749-3439 .
• Creative writing group, 10-noon Mon., JELM library, 113 S. Alister St.
• Artists' workshop, Tuesday and Friday, 1 p.m., JELM library, 113 S. Alister St.
• Bridge, Monday and Thursday, 12:30 p.m., JELM library, 113 S. Alister St.
• Golden Agers Lunch Bunch - fulltime residents age 60 and over, Pollock Center. Meet at 11:30 a.m. Tues. Lunch at noon. 749-5319 by Sunday for reservations.
• Port Aransas Volleyball Assoc. Tues., H.G. Olsen Elementary School gym, 100 Station St.
• Birding on the Boardwalk, guided bird walk with Nan Dietert, 9 a.m., Wed. 749-4158.
• Kiwanis Club, noon Wed., Jay's Seafood and Spaghetti Works, 710 State Hwy. 361.
THURSDAY, MAY 7
• National Day of Prayer, Roberts Point Park, noon to 1 p.m. (See story this page.)
• Low-cost rabies clinic, Island Animal Clinic, 319 Beach St., 1:30-5 p.m. (See story this page.)
• Free movie, UTMSI Visitors Center, 'Seasonal Seas,' 45 min. Subject to cancellation without notice.
FRIDAY, MAY 8
• Sunset Sounds, ROMI performing, Roberts Point Park, 7 pm. (See story this page.)
SATURDAY, MAY 9
• CBLE Chili Cookoff, Roberts Point Park, tasting 11 a.m.-4 p.m. (See story this page.)
• Low-cost rabies clinic, Island Animal Clinic, 319 Beach St., 10 a.m.-2 p.m. (See story this page.)
• Port Aransas Youth Soccer League registration, Community Park ball field, 700 Clark Parkway, 10 a.m.-noon and 5:30-7 p.m.(See story Page 5A.)
• Yoga on the beach, Horace Caldwell Pier, 8 a.m. (See story Page 11A.)
SUNDAY, MAY 10
• Mothers Day swim, Port Aransas Community Pool, 1-6 p.m. (See story Page 11A.)
MONDAY, MAY 11
• WIC at Family Center IGA, 416 S. Alister (See story this page.)
• Port Aransas Youth Soccer League registration, H.G. Olsen Elementary School, 100 N. Station St., 4:30-6:30 p.m.(See story Page 5A.)
• Free movie, UTMSI Visitors Center, 'King Ranch: An Enduring Legacy,' 30 min. Subject to cancellation without notice.
TUESDAY, MAY 12
• Ellis Memorial Library Book Club meeting, at the library, 6:30 p.m. (See story this page.)
• Free movie, UTMSI Visitors Center, 'Galapagos,' 39 min. Subject to cancellation without notice.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 13
• Port Aransas Garden Club meeting, Port Aransas Civic Center, 700 W. Ave. A, 10 a.m. (See story this page.)
• PACT auditions, at the theater, 2327 State Hwy. 361, 7 p.m. (See story this page.)
• Free movie, UTMSI Visitors Center, 'Survival Island,' 40 min. Subject to cancellation without notice.
ON THE HORIZON
May 14: Art center Fiesta de Mayo PACT auditions May 16-17: ArtFest May 18: Songwriter's Showcase May 21: Blood drive May 22: Beach walk Sand Slam
THE ISLAND AGENDA IS FREE OF CHARGE TO NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS OF PORT ARANSAS FOR ANNOUNCEMENTS OF MEETINGS AND SPECIAL EVENTS. CALL 749-5131OR E-MAIL SOUTHJETTY@CENTURYTEL.NET BEFORE NOON TUESDAY TO LIST AN EVENT OR MEETING.