• Port Aransas Community Park swimming pool, 700 Clark Parkway: swim lessons, water exercise and lap swimming. Open daily except Mondays for swimming, 1- 6 p.m., and more. Call 749-2416 for information.
• Computer Center, Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.; closed Sunday. 430 N. Alister St. Free e-mail. 749-4011.
• Art Center for the Islands: Classes, workshops. 749-7334.
• The University of Texas at Austin Marine Science Institute (UTMSI) Visitors Center: Open Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. -- 5 p.m. Free.
• Port Aransas Historical Museum, Alister @ Brundrett streets. 1 - 5 p.m. Thursday - Saturday.
• Trolley: 10 a.m. - 5:55 p.m. Wave down anywhere along the route from Roberts Point Park to Gulf Waters RV Resort on State Hwy. 361 South. Maps, schedules available at the Tourist Bureau.
• Free fitness class for permanent residents and school district taxpayers, 4 p.m., Mon., Tues., Thurs., H.G. Olsen Elementary gym. 749-6990.
• Port Aransas Running Club and Walkers, Too, 7 a.m., Tues., Wed., Thurs., community park swimming pool parking lot. Contact Steve Canion, 749-3388.
• Body Toning, 8 a.m. Tues and Thurs. Pollock Center, 113 N. Alister St.
• Rotary Club, noon Thurs., Pelican's Landing Restaurant, 337 N. Alister St.
• Adult water exercise classes, 8:15 a.m., 9:30 a.m. and noonTues. - Fri. community park (heated) swimming pool, 700 Clark Parkway.
• Mom and Tot Time, 10:30 a.m. to noon Tues. - Fri., community park (heated) swimming pool, 700 Clark Parkway.
• Alcoholics Anonymous open meeting, 8 p.m. Monday through Sunday, Sharp Pavilion behind Trinity-by-the-Sea Episcopal Church, 433 Trojan. 749- 6449.
• Adult tennis, 7:30 a.m. Mon., Wed., Fri., PAISD courts on Station Street. Free, no partner needed. Call Murray 749-4861 or 749-5131.
• Adult tennis, 7 p.m. Mon., Wed., PAISD courts on Station Street. Free, no partner needed. Call Murray 749- 4861 or 749-5131.
• Story Time, 10:30 - 11 a.m. Sat., Bill Ellis Memorial Library, 749-4116. • Low impact aerobics, 8-9 a.m. Mon., Wed., Fri., JELM Center, 113 Alister. 749-3439 .
• Creative writing group, 10-noon Mon., JELM Center library, 113 S. Alister St.
• Golden Agers Lunch Bunch - full-time residents age 60 and over, Pollock Center. Meet at 11:30 a.m. Tues. Lunch at noon. 749-5319 by Sunday for reservations.
• Port Aransas Volleyball Asso Tues., H.G. Olsen Elementary School gym, 100 Station St.
• Birding on the Boardwalk, guided bird walk with Ray Little, 9 a.m., Wed. 749-4158.
Kiwanis Club, noon Wed., Jay's Seafood and Spaghetti Works, 710 State Hwy. 361.
THURSDAY, MARCH 19
• UTMSI free public lecture series, Kris Kirkwood on "Plants That Run Amok," Visitors Center, 7 p.m. (See story, this page.)
• Free movie, UTMSI Visitors Center, 'Living Together,' 60 min. Subject to cancellation without notice.
SATURDAY, MARCH 21
• Relay For Life benefit dinner, 3 p.m., Lovett's Bar, 315 S. Alister St.(See story, this page.)
• Art Center for the Islands Third Saturday Sale, 10 am - 2 pm, 323 N. Alister St. (See story, this page.)
MONDAY, MARCH 23
• Free movie, UTMSI Visitors Center, 'Delta Revival: Restoring a California Ecosystem,' 35 min. Subject to cancellation without notice.
TUESDAY, MARCH 24
• Free movie, UTMSI Visitors Center, 'Saving Species,' 60 min.Subject to cancellation without notice.
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 25
• Mobile Blood Unit at Family Center IGA parking lot, 11 - 3. (See story, this page.)
• Free movie, UTMSI Visitors Center, 'Into the Wilderness,' 60 min.Subject to cancellation without notice.
ON THE HORIZON
March: Spring Break continues
March 28: -Free, guided beach walk -Sand Slam -Car Show
THE ISLAND AGENDA IS FREE OF CHARGE TO NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS OF PORT ARANSAS FOR ANNOUNCEMENTS OF MEETINGS AND SPECIAL EVENTS. CALL 749-5131OR E-MAIL SOUTHJETTY@CENTURYTEL.NET BEFORE NOON TUESDAY TO LIST AN EVENT OR MEETING.