• Port Aransas Community Park swimming pool, 700 Clark Parkway, offers swim lessons, water exercise and lap swimming. Open daily except Mondays for swimming, 1- 6 p.m., and more. Call 749-2416 for information.
• Free use of Computer Center, Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.; closed Sunday. 430 N. Alister St. Free e-mail. 749-4011.
• Art Center for the Islands offers a variety of classes. Call 749-7334 for current information.
• Trolley service 10 a.m. to 5:55 p.m. Wave the trolley down anywhere along the route from Roberts Point Park to Gulf Waters RV Resort on State Hwy. 361 South. Maps, schedules available at the Tourist Bureau.
• Free fitness class for permanent residents and school district taxpayers, 4 p.m., H.G. Olsen Elementary gym. Call 749-6990. Mon., Tues., Thurs.
• Port Aransas Running Club and Walkers, Too meet to run and walk, 7 a.m., meet at Port Aransas Community Park swimming pool parking lot. Contact Steve Canion, 749-3388. Tues., Wed., Thurs.
• Body Toning, 8 a.m., Pollock Center, 113 N. Alister St., Tues and Thurs.
• Rotary Club meeting, noon, Pelican's Landing Restaurant, 337 N. Alister St. Thurs.
• Adult water exercise classes, 8:15 a.m., 9:30 a.m. and noon, Port Aransas Community Park (heated) swimming pool, 700 Clark Parkway. Tues. - Fri.
• Mom and Tot Time, 10:30 a.m. to noon, Port Aransas Community Park (heated) swimming pool, 700 Clark Parkway. Tues. - Fri.
• Alcoholics Anonymous early bird meeting, 5:30 p.m., Trinity-by-the- Sea Episcopal Church, 433 Trojan, 749-4797. Thurs.
• Alcoholics Anonymous open meeting, 8 p.m., Sharp Pavilion behind Trinityby the-Sea Episcopal Church, 433 Trojan. 749-6449. Thurs. - Mon.
• Does someone's drinking bother you? There's help at Inner Peace AFG Alanon for family and friends of alcoholics, 8 p.m., Trinity-by-the- Sea Episcopal Church, 433 Trojan. 749-6449 or 749-2889. Meetings are smoke-free. Thurs.
• Ala-teens, 4:30 p.m., Pollock Center, Wed.
• Adult tennis, 7:30 a.m., PAISD tennis courts on Station Street. Free, no partner needed. Call Murray 749-4861 or 749-5131 for more information. Mon., Wed. Fri.
• Adult tennis, 7 p.m., PAISD tennis courts on Station Street. Free, no partner needed. Call Murray 749-4861 or 749-5131 for more information. Mon., Wed.
• Story Time, 10:30 - 11 a.m., Bill Ellis Memorial Library, 749-4116. Sat.
• Low impact aerobics, 8 to 9 a.m., JELM Center, 113 Alister. Call 749- 3439 for more information. Mon., Wed., Fri.
• Creative writing group, 10 a.m. - noon, JELM Center library next to Community Presbyterian Church, 113 S. Alister St. Mon.
• Golden Agers Lunch Bunch for full-time residents age 60 and over, Pollock Center. Meet at 11:30 a.m. Lunch is served at noon. Call 749- 5319 by Sunday for reservations. Tues.
• Port Aransas Volleyball Association practice for beginners, 7-9 p.m., H.G. Olsen Elementary School gym, 100 Station St. Tues.
• Birding on the Boardwalk, guided bird walk with Ray Little, 9 a.m., Leonabelle Turnbull Birding Center on the south end of Ross Avenue. Call Parks and Recreation Dept., 749- 4158 for more information. Wed.
• Kiwanis Club meeting, noon, Jay's Seafood and Spaghetti Works. All are welcome. Wed.
The JELM Center will be closed until Monday, Jan. 2
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 25
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 26
• Guided beach walk, 9 a.m. (See story this page)
MONDAY, DECEMBER 29
• UTMSI Visitors' Center will be closed Dec. 22 through Jan. 2.
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 31
• Noon Year's Eve party, Roberts Point Park, 11:30 a.m. (See story this page)
ON THE HORIZON
Jan. 1: New Year Meander Jan. 3: Round Robin Tennis Tourney Jan.17: Rotary Club Casino Night and Fish Fry. Jan. 22: Kiwanis Potato Bake Jan. 24: Garden Club Tour of Homes Jan. 26: Port Aransas Merchants' Dine Around.
THE ISLAND AGENDA IS FREE OF CHARGE TO NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS OF PORT ARANSAS FOR ANNOUNCEMENTS OF MEETINGS AND SPECIAL EVENTS. CALL 749-5131OR E-MAIL SOUTHJETTY@CENTURYTEL.NET BEFORE NOON TUESDAY TO LIST AN EVENT OR MEETING.